We are in the home stretch only a couple of moments away from releasing an app. All you need is to make a couple edits to get your application ready for the public.
Publishing An App in App Studio
- App Title: give you app an App name.
- App Description: Make your app description precise and catchy ! We want people to download your amazing work.
- Include about Page: The about page will include the description, license terms , and allow you to share the app.
- Enable ad client in the source code. PLEASE NOTE: we will not be using this at this stage of tutorial . In order to enable advertisements in your Windows Phone application, you need to do the following:
- Install the tools – Install Visual Studio, and install the latest version of the Windows Phone SDK
- Obtain an AdUnitId and ApplicationId keys – Register your app at the Pubcenter site with your Microsoft Account, create a Windows Phone 8 app (ApplicationId), and create an AdUnitID
- Update the App Studio code
- Download the App Studio source code for the application by clicking “Download Source Code” after you’ve generated your app.
- Open the XAML code and find the AdControl in each View XAML file.
- Replace the AdUnitID and ApplicationID in the code
If you the last bit confused you a little don’t worry about it. I will be going over the backend of an App Studio app in a later post. Let’s get back to business.
- Click finish
Build App your App
Once you hit the generate the tool will provide you with the following app packages :
- Download package: An immediately installable package that you can load onto your phone
- Publish package: A publish package (XAP File) that you can take to Windows Phone Store to publish
- Source code package: The complete source code that you can edit in Visual Studio
Using the Download Package
- Once the app is generated you will receive an email
- Install the certificate we send you in the email
- Scan the QRcode to install your app
- Remember you have to install the certificate we sent you via email
The download package is a great way to test an app to fully test your application with a small user group(your family and friends) before you submit to the store.
Let’s Submit to the store (tutorial coming soon)